Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 17-18 Miraflores

I spent most of the weekend walking around Miraflores. I ate lunch both days at a chifa, which is Peruvian Chinese food. The fried rice with mushrooms was quite tasty.

Sundays in Miraflores, most folks stroll around the central park, eating ice cream. There are many friendly police dogs and even friendly police officers, one of whom volunteered to take a picture of me with his Rottweiler, Junior. The police officer assured me that it was burning hot, but I was slightly chilled from the breeze.

I went to the Park of Love, overlooking the beach. The visitors to the park do its name justice. Even though I had been warned that the beach here is polluted, many locals did not seem to mind. I think next time I will join them, as soon as I learn how to get to the beach. I could only get to the high cliffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment